Aims of St. Peter's Primary School
To motivate, to inspire and to expect all children to achieve more than they have achieved before. Never to put a ceiling upon what we expect children to attain, but to help them strive to improve on their previous best - everyone can be excellent at something.
To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment in which all children can succeed and be respected for whom they are. Individual and group efforts
are valued and praised - you don't always have to be best, you just have to try your best.
To encourage care, consideration and respect for all members of the school community and the school grounds, building and environment - just like at
home with the family.
To encourage children to take responsibility for themselves, their own actions and behaviour - to be self-disciplined, self-confident and to think of others.
To celebrate in the richness and diversity of our school community and the world in which we live. To value the fact that we are part of a multi-ethnic,
multi-faith, multi-lingual community - to respect differences as well as similarities.
To help children acquire knowledge and skills relevant to life in a fast changing world - to leave our school better prepared for life in secondary
school and adulthood.
To develop a co-operative working partnership between all staff, parents and governors - we are all working together to the benefit of our children.
We at St. Peter's Primary School are committed to equality of opportunity and we celebrate the diversity of our school community. We aim to promote a
positive learning environment in which each person is valued and respected for their ethnic background, gender, faith, class, ability, sexuality and age.
We do recognise that we have to be vigilant in countering unfair practices and we oppose all forms of harassment, discrimination and bullying.
We aim to:
- ensure fair and equal treatment;
- encourage all members of our school community to maximise their achievement;
- provide a safe, secure and accessible working environment that values and respects identities and cultures;
- teach our children to respect diversity and listen to the views of different groups within the school;
- ensure that all school policies have an equalities statement while our school's 'aims', teaching and learning policy, behaviour policy and PSHE policy
- demonstrate practically how we 'action' equalities at St. Peter's;
- act without prejudice or bias;
- develop a culture and working environment free from discrimination and harassment;
- take seriously any complaint of discrimination and harassment and act promptly without prejudice;
- ensure fairness in our admissions procedures and in our recruitment practices.